Component 1: Enhancing Climate resilient agricultural, agro-forestry, pastoral and agro-pastoral production systems to improve food security in selected Counties in Kenya
The communities in rural areas mainly depend on rain fed agriculture and pastoralism for food and sustainable livelihood. Effects of climate change greatly impacts on these natural resources leading to food shortages and death of livestock. The programme therefore promotes suitable farming practices and methods to improve both livestock and crop based production within households. The programme has six 6 outputs
Key Result Areas
- 15,000 farmers achieving 25% average increase in food production per Ha.
- 15,000 House Holds with a 25% increase in food consumption.
- 30% reduction in negative coping strategies
- 48,000 drought tolerant fruit trees seedlings planted by farmers
- 3000 farmers groups working with drip irrigation